11.16.2008

Eleuthera Photos - For Everyone!

Eleuthera photosEleuthera is for everyone who loves the raw beauty of turquoise/blue water rocking back and forth between a sweeping white/pink sand beach and a shock blue sky spattered with sugar white cotton clouds sailing by. And I have the photos of Eleuthera to prove it. I just need to find a little more time to post more of them.

In the mean time, I will take this opportunity to recognize some of the photographers whose photos of the Bahamas I've come to appreciate and respect over the years.

Cookie Kinkaed is one my favorites for commercial photography in the Bahamas. Wonderful compositions.

And then there's Bahama Louie. This kid (more like young man now) has an excellent eye for the creatures and surroundings of Eleuthera. I'm not remembering his story too well, but I seem to recall he once posted a message that talked about his losing some of his earlier photo work on an old website of his. Love your work, Louie! Just wish you'd post more or your photos.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my friend Derek Catalano from Nassau. Derek has an interesting gallery of photos and art work that has a distinctive Bahamian style about it. Derek also hosts a blog about the Bahamas called Native Stew.

I'll be back sooner rather than later with some more updates. Until then, hope you enjoy surfing these sites.

pj

No comments: