2.29.2012

Eleuthera on Facebook - Why Eleuthera?

Eleuthera on FacebookI'm hosting a Page for Eleuthera on Facebook so it would make it easier to share more of my photos of Eleuthera. I find this is more efficient and effective for that spur-of-the-moment urge to post a picture. Better yet, it gives me an opportunity to get comments from others and meet other Eleuthera fans -- yeah!

I could have provided a forum to augment my website for Eleuthera Bahamas, but I prefer keeping things more formal there. One of the objectives when I developed Eleuthera-Map.com was to keep the website about the island and not about me. I did not want to assert any claims of authority or ownership on Eleuthera i.e. "my island." Nor did I wish to attach adjectives like "ideal" or "best" when describing the site and its content. Of course, I would use those adjectives to describe the island!

It's no secret; I do not live on Eleuthera. Do you care? (Amazingly enough, some do.) If you're like me, you are a visitor. Maybe it's your first time, maybe 10th. Maybe you go for a week; maybe half a year. I usually go for a month every year. Regardless of how much time we are there, we all share the same passion for Eleuthera -- or you wouldn't be reading this, would you?

Just to clarify a few points for those few who really don't get it -- it's not your island, it's God's island and there's no better authority than the Man -- he's been there the longest.

I simply enjoy sharing the passion with others who do get it -- Eleuthera is a very cool island! Do I hear an "Amen"?

So if you got this far and you get what I'm saying, then you definitely want to visit the new Facebook page for Eleuthera I am hosting and share the love. Even better, click the "Like" button at the top of the Page and leave a comment on the wall that say's "I get it!" Hope to see you there.

Bring some sunscreen!

pj